Wednesday 3 November 2010

Toad Lily Virus

I have a bit of a thing for Tricyrtis......
T.hirta

T.formasona

.............and my favourite
"Taiwan Adbane"

So I was delighted to find this next one for a couple of quid in the end of season sales....
"Raspberry Mousse"

So imagine my horror when I typed Raspberry Mousse into Google so as to find out more and came up with the following result.......
Now I'm no botanist, and maybe I've over-reacted, but sadly it went straight on the fire. The very thing that I liked about it, namely the completely random blotches, was exactly what rang alarm bells for the author of that article. Much like his, some (not many) flowers were completely unmarked and pretty much identical to my T.hirta. 
So, much as I'm not saying that this is gospel, please don't say that you weren't warned!





1 comment: